Sub metering solution
Submetering is the installation of metering devices to measure actual consumption after the primary utility meter.
Benefits PML/Conlog Sub metering solution
- Landlord or condominium association owns the system.
- Minimum operating and maintenance costs as its cloud hosted.
- Consumers (tenants) can associate and consolidate their activities under a single supply point and attain a lower bulk tariff.
- Increase property values
- Reduce energy consumption by up to 34%
- Reduce exposure to future price escalation
- Allow residents to pay for only what they use and deliver a financial incentive for their conservation efforts
- Provide consumption data for analysis by residents and owners i.e. track potential issues such as faulty equipment or prohibited activities
- Landlord is in command of the tariff.
Benefits of Cloud hosted solution
- No I.T skills required by the landlord to keep it running.
- No meter reading required.
- No software needed to install and configure, all Landlord needs is purchase and install meters.
- Landlord can access system anywhere anytime. It’s online, Enabling Continuous Monitoring.
- Landlord is in control of the tariff engine and just needs to inform us as to what the tariff needs be set on.
- Simpler and cheaper revenue collection cycle Payment in advance (improved cash flow) leading to reduced risk on your utility collections. Landlords protected from large, unpaid accounts at the end of a lease period.
- Better Control of Utility accounts from UMEME
- Ensure tenants pay for electricity before consuming it – no usage disputes/doubts
- Zero consumer debt. Money is collected upfront from tenants.
- Reduced administration. No more bills for utilities that need to be distributed to tenants. No Collection Hassles
- Elimination of utility billing disputes resulting in a more harmonious relationship between estate/building management and tenants. More control and transparency for all parties – developer/landlord/managing agent and tenant.
- Equitable billing for all – no cross-subsidizing of non-payers
- Eliminates disconnections / reconnections
- Mechanism for debt recovery
- Fraud control
- Supports capital recovery model for financing
- Facilitates third party partnerships in utility payments
- Accurate and frequent consumer records
Benefits for the Customer
- Improved ability to manage utility bills, leading to better Control of Utility payments by tenants
- No more end month shock bills and outstanding liabilities
- Reduced utility expenses because of a change in consumer usage behaviour.
- Reduced electricity consumption (average 25 – 30%).